Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Puzzle

The downward spiral.

It is happening.

I am watching it.

Right before my eyes I feel like I am losing him.

I don't think he can stop it.

His "friends" change constantly, but each time they are his best friend.  Day or night, Sunday -Saturday, he wants to do something with them.  But slowly they start to disappear.  And a new friend or two moves in.  He is friends with everyone and no one.  I don't think people can "take him" for long.  He is intense, dramatic, and to my surprise socially awkward and inept.  I don't think people see that right off the bat.

He lies over inconsequential things.

He can't even plan how to get from point A to point B.

He isn't holding himself together as well in front of people now.

He flunked 5 of his 8 classes this nine weeks.

I think maybe he is like a puzzle that got put together wrong.  To put it together right, it has to broken completely apart.  You have to start back at square one.

So maybe saying that I can see it happening, see the downward spiral is actually a good thing.  Maybe healing can only begin once all the pieces are broken apart.






1 comment:

  1. Quite surprisingly, this post made me think of the seminars I attended recently on neuro-reorganization. The idea being that to be "our best self" - our development needed to be optimal,and both before birth and in the next three years all the proper connections needed to be made in our brain... She presented it like a chart....and your post made me see that same chart with the pieces falling apart, some missing, some incomplete. But - the brain is very flexible and those connections can be made throughout life; substitute routes can even replace the connections which cannot be made due to injury or genetic inability. So - there's hope!

    ReplyDelete