Saturday, April 27, 2013

An Honest Look At What A Hard Day Looks Like

From Friday:

Oh the joy of trauma parenting is alive and well here today! 

Today alone I have experienced many things, and being that "R" is out of school at 11:00 every other day insured it was a long lasting joy. 

Some of these special joys were:

1. Being called a variety of names in a loud voice because I wouldn't go buy him a car, right NOW. HE gets SO obsessed when he wants something, large or small! He is also leaving because he hates it here, and everything about my husband and I. Son #2 bought a car today, having saved half and borrowed for the rest. Old car, small amount... but since "R" wants on,e he wants one NOW!

2. I was treated to the joy of threat of bodily harm when I refused to take him into the bank to get a loan for said car. After all, he starts work tomorrow, and getting a loan is easy and only takes 10 minutes!

3. A variety of small objects were thrown at me, from out fo the blue since HE didn't do it!

4. I was sprayed with air freshener and brake fluid. So were various places in my house.

5. My kitchen cupboards were not spared. One of them was attacked with a flat head screwdriver. So was the drawer where I kept the family pictures,. with a few of them being stabbed as well.

6. I was treated to a flame show involving a spray can of lysol and a lighter. I got real serious, real quick and that was thankfully short lived.

7. The crowning touch was when he grabbed Baby's pacifier out of his mouth and stuck it in his boxers, rubbing it on his anatomy. This was all for my benefit as I was holding Baby at the time. I threw that one away, anyway...


Things are settled down, they actually settled about 30 minutes before the other kids started getting home from school. 

Today, Saturday, he is working.  He doesn't know that my husband and I talked about the option of helping him get the car, and decided on no.  This is not the end.  Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment